I am teaching English in Korea for a year, and these are my experiences and adventures. Korea is a great country and I love it. Here's what it has offered me!

Friday, March 05, 2004

Winter Wonderland

I thought winter was over here. The nights have been cold, but days have been sunny and warm. Things were going just great. Yesterday, it snowed about a foot. It didn't even start until about 3pm, but by 10pm last night traffic was at a stand-still, and everything was covered, including me. The 3-minute walk to Tae Kwon Do found me covered in snow.

The important thing here was that people were helping each other. This is the first time I have witnessed this in Korea. We live at the bottom of a fairly steep hill and the road leading up to it is pretty narrow. At the top of this hill there are about 20 apartment buildings each with about 240 units. That means a lot of cars. As you can imagine many of these cars are not SUVs, but compacts. That spelt trouble. From the comfort of my apartment I watched about 30 people shovelling and salting the road to help the cars get up. Quite a site to see.

Now the melt is on and it looks like spring is on its way. The weekend is here now too, and things are looking up. We start a new month at school on Tuesday and there should be lots of new students.

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand.
I just beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home