I am teaching English in Korea for a year, and these are my experiences and adventures. Korea is a great country and I love it. Here's what it has offered me!

Thursday, February 26, 2004

Painful, but funny

I am trying to learn Korean, but I feel more like a class clown. Come on, it's a difficult language, but this concept is 100% lost on my class of 9-year olds. "Teacher! One more time!!" is what I hear over and over again to a chorus of uproarious laughter. I understand though. I can imagine what it must be like to see a white-washed alien coming down to Earth and attempting to speak English. What a freak! Unfortunately, it's them who get to do the probing. I'll tell you what the kids find the absolute funniest thing in the world. Don't try this at home. It goes by the name of ddong chim and it looks to be the most painful part of Korean culture. First, lock your hands together. Then point your first fingers of both hands like your shooting a gun. Now, creep up behind an unsuspecting person and ram your fingers up his/her bum. Ha ha ha. Very funny.

"It's like something out of that twilighty show about that zone." -Homer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home