I am teaching English in Korea for a year, and these are my experiences and adventures. Korea is a great country and I love it. Here's what it has offered me!

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Korea in a Nutshell

Hello out there! Perhaps it's time to give you all some background on Korea (from my point of view that is). Korea is a land of wonder. For example, I often wonder what on Earth they are thinking. These intelligent and hard working people often have fierce illusions of gradure. The national sidedish is called kimchi and is basically spicy, pickled cabbage. It is served with every meal (I mean every meal). It is also the source of a huge amount of pride for Koreans who not only claim it as their favourite food, but as the best food in the universe. But that is not all, oh no, that is not all. The medicinal properties of this noble cabbage are epic. In fact, did you know that kimchi has successfully kept SARS out of Korea? I bet you didn't. Avian flu doesn't stand a chance.

To be fair, I should add that.... aw screw it.

"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." - I have no idea who said that

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home