I am teaching English in Korea for a year, and these are my experiences and adventures. Korea is a great country and I love it. Here's what it has offered me!

Friday, March 19, 2004

Tidings From Home

What a nice treat. This week we had some visitors from Canada, and a breath of fresh air. Along with the the visitors came a welcomed package from home with all the things I've been missin'. It was definitely a time to reflect on how far we've come and just how much we have adjusted here.

I was sitting around playing some video games last night and really almost forgot that I was in Korea. It took some person yelling on the street for me to come back to reality. Being able to speak to some freshies from Canada and explain about how we have found things so far was great. We really have become quite comfortable here. We can do all the little things in life now without too much difficulty and that feels good. It was nice to discuss the understanding we have so far of Korean people and what about their culture is endearing and what is not so endearing. I really have to thank them for being so patient with our talking, talking, talking.

Speaking of thanks, a huge Thank You to Carrie's parents for the package from home. The cheese, pasta mixes, coffee, floss, etc. will not go to waste and the Balderson was too much! We are living on Easy Street this week.

I also got a digital camera this week, so new pictures coming soon! Please come check them out!

Stayin' Alive,
Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home