I am teaching English in Korea for a year, and these are my experiences and adventures. Korea is a great country and I love it. Here's what it has offered me!

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

The Couch Saga

We have been making it pretty clear lately that all we really need to be comfortable is a couch. All else could be going horribly wrong, I just want a couch. So, what do you think is the only piece of home furnishings we have yet to receive. No, not a dumpling button microwave, we have one of those. A couch, silly!

We did receive a sort of seat anyways. Rachel has been telling us that a couch is on it's way, but that Lee-Ahn wants to be really sure it is "best quality". Well, I don't know if I buy that, but I thought, "at least they are shopping."

We finally got the word that our sofa was waiting for us upstairs. With brimming excitement for all the relaxation I am going to take in, I ran to our apartment to see. And there, on the floor, were two floor cushions with attached backs. "Do you like your new sofa?" Rachel asks. "Fan-fucking-tastic," I say back to her. Actually, I didn't say that, but I wish I had. Sofa is not a "lost in translation" thing. There is a damn picture of it in the dictionary, if I am not mistaken.

No, I take the polite route on this one and explain that these are not precisely what we are looking for. If money is a damn issue, I will chip in. I did, too, and it was worth it. After 4 1/2 weeks of practically begging for a place to relax I have it, and I was right: it is all I need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home