I am teaching English in Korea for a year, and these are my experiences and adventures. Korea is a great country and I love it. Here's what it has offered me!

Saturday, November 08, 2003

The Temporary Abode

So, we made it to Seoul and since the building we are to live in is not complete, we will be staying at another, more respectable hotel for a while. It is called a yeogwan which is a kind of family-run affair. It is a husband-wife combo and they have lived in the US for a number of years. It is a really nice place, but small. We are assured we won't be here for long.

It is a really cool place. We have to walk through some narrow alleyways to get to our room and it has great character. Luckily, we also have the soft-core channel. I don't know what I would do without it. The downsides, however, are that it is so darned cramped and it has a bucket for a sink. We get free coffee packets though as a key redeaming factor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home