I am teaching English in Korea for a year, and these are my experiences and adventures. Korea is a great country and I love it. Here's what it has offered me!

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

On Our Way

After a flight over Georgia Strait to Vancouver from Victoria, we are on our way. Brennan drove us to the airport and after a quick departing snapshot, we are on our way. The Strait is absolutely beautiful and I feel a surge of luck and pride to live in this place. The gulf islands look like rocky droplets on the rippled glass of an ocean.

We are left waiting in the Vancouver airport for some time and Carrie interviews me with our new camcorder. I am nervous for the adventure as we start this journey and am eager not to make a fool of myself on arrival... I will have 11 hours on the plane to come up with a plan to ensure that doesn't happen.

This is me. This is how I travel. I am so concerned not to offend anyone that I have this overwhelming urge to lay as low as possible. I hate being the odd person out and struggle to quickly find a way to blend in. However, that could be hard in Korea. I may just have to change that perspective and accept it: the fact that I will under no circumstances or in any way blend in with the crowd, not a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home