I am teaching English in Korea for a year, and these are my experiences and adventures. Korea is a great country and I love it. Here's what it has offered me!

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Hijacked

Doing a blog from Korea is a wonderful thing, unless you want to view the website. Yes, after mere months of blogging, I have been censored. Well, not just me. Everyone on blogspot.com has been censored from view in South (and probably North) Korea. I haven't been able to view my own website for the past 5 days or so and now I know why. The Ministry of Information and Communication has blocked all blogspot sites from being viewed in Korea.

The reasoning is that, in the wake of Kim Sun-Il's death, they do not want people in Korea viewing the video of his execution. Since some (a few people) had the video on blogspot, blogspot got the ax. That means sweeping censorship included my humble site. (Queue Music) "Don't cry for me Argentina..." I can still post, but can not view the full glory of my blog, so I may move websites.... again.

I will keep you "posted"... get it... posted. Anyways... is this thing on?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home